Mission & Vision
The mission of Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive is to teach students the academic, social-emotional, and character skills needed to be college and career ready. Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive students will develop as critical thinkers, civic leaders, and socially responsible citizens that are integral to their communities and beyond.
The vision of Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive is to establish a safe school environment in which students are inspired to take risks to gain skills to be successful in the local and global communities. Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive will be a harbor of innovation and accountability where students, staff and families are key collaborators in the decision-making processes. By providing a school based on best practices, Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive will be a change agent in the community.
Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive will fulfill it's mission and vision by utilizing it's core values.
Want to know more?
The Allegiance STEAM Academy Charter is publicly available for all to download.
- Personalized Learning Environment - Students learn best in small learning communities where their education is personalized so that students know their teachers are all well known as individuals by all adults in the school.
- College and Career Readiness for All Students - All students, including students in historically underachieving communites, can successfully learn at high levels and have a fundamental right to high expectations and quality instruction that prepare them to enter and succeed in college and career choices.
- Parents as Partners - Parents are meaningfully and actively engaged in their children's education. They have a right to choose to send their children to excellent high performing schools. They must understand what it will take to prepare their children for college and career choices, and they mis support the goals of the school through their voice and through volunteering. Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive must create a welcoming atmosphere of inclusiveness for all families.
- Data Driven Decisions - All decisions should be made after thorough data analysis (both quantitative and qualitative). In order for our students to be prepared for success, Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive must relentlessly pursue excellence in all data points.
- Community Service - The school must be an extension of the community. It is our responsibility to provide opportunities for students and families to participate in community service projects and understand their role in the local and global community.
- Character Development - For students to fully realize their true potential, we must focus on developing character traits (including grit, respect, leadership, and love) that allow Allegiance STEAM Academy Thrive students to embody and demonstrate our mission and vision. We will develop shared language and expectation that allow for all stakeholders to support the growth of our students.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Allegiance STEAM Academy?
Allegiance STEAM Academy is a tuition-free charter based public school. At Allegiance STEAM Academy, we will be modeling our teaching methods using the educational approach of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.
Will Allegiance STEAM Academy be charging tuition?
No. Allegiance STEAM Academy is a tuition-free public charter school.
Will Allegiance STEAM Academy students wear uniforms?
Yes. The school uniform will be according to dress code policy.
How Do I Enroll My Child to Allegiance STEAM Academy?
Open enrollment period information will be available soon. Signup for email alerts or watch our website for dates of open enrollment.
Is Allegiance STEAM Academy associated with Oxford Preparatory Academy, the CVUSD charter school that just recently closed in Chino?
Allegiance STEAM Academy is in no way affiliated or associated with Oxford Preparatory Academy (OPA). Allegiance is a brand new charter school recently approved by the CVUSD school board. Allegiance plans to bring new ideas and innovative methods of teaching to it's students.
Allegiance STEAM Academy's Origin
The road to Allegiance STEAM Academy's Approval by the Chino Valley Unified School District (CVUSD)
August 1, 2017
Allegiance STEAM Academy is created
Allegiance STEAM Academy was created by a team of parents who wanted school choice in their community.
October 16, 2017
Petition Submitted to Chino Valley Unified School District (CVUSD)
Allegiance STEAM Academy submitted it's charter petition to the Chino Valley Unified School District for consideration of approving a charter school for the 2018-2019 school year.
November 9, 2017
Hearing for CVUSD
A hearing was granted to hear the interest of the public for Allegiance STEAM Academy
December 16, 2017
Approval of ASA-Thrive charter by CVUSD
The Chino Valley school board decided to conditionally approve Allegiance STEAM Academy (ASA) Thrive Charter school. The ASA charter was granted an initial two years commencing July 1, 2018 though June 30, 2020.
December 17, 2017
Preparation for School Opening
Meetings, Deadlines, Hirings, etc. Much work needs to be done in the coming months in anticipation of the school's opening day. Thank you to all for your support.
September 1, 2018
Projected Opening for Allegiance STEAM Academy
School projected to open for the 2018-2019 school year. First day of school is yet to be determined.